- You can have caffeine, alcohol, any pain medication, etc. as soon as you leave your appointment!
- First 48 hours: Dab your brows with a clean paper towel before applying Aquaphor - apply as needed to keep the brows lubricated. We don't want any scabbing. Apply antibacterial cream before bed the first 2 nights post treatment instead of the Aquaphor. Your brows may ooze lymph (cloudy yellow substance) for the first 48 hours; remove by blotting with a clean paper towel periodically until no more is coming off on the towel.
- Always wash your hands before tending to your brows.
- Keep a thin layer of Aquaphor on your brows while you have any scabs or flakiness (1.5-2.5 weeks roughly). Apply by dabbing the qtip across the brow. There shouldn't be a visible thickness to the Aquaphor, i.e. a thick barrier of Aquaphor. Only use enough to see the shine and keep them lubricated. Don't overdo it. Use visual cues to determine when you need to reapply - are the brows still shinny, do they feel loose? If so then it's not time to reapply. If the brows do not look shinny, or start to feel tight and stiff, then it's time to reapply.
- DO NOT wash your brows as long as you have any scabs, flakiness, or dead skin that's visible or still coming off. Water will draw the pigment out of the strokes. When showering, lather your hair slowly, then cup your hands over your brows to prevent water from spraying onto them. Do not put your face into the shower stream. Do not wash your face in the shower. Wash your face in front of a mirror to be sure you are avoiding the treatment area completely.
- Do not pick, scratch, or rub any skin flakes or scabs. Allow them to fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
- Avoid getting soaps, shampoos/conditioners or other cleansers on the treated area for the first week.
- DO NOT apply makeup to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks.
- Do not tint/dye the treated area the month following the procedure.
- Do not thread or wax the treated area for 2 weeks.
- Avoid any activities or exercising that causes heavy sweating the week following the procedure. Sweat can push the pigment out of the strokes. So no hot yoga, hot tubs, long showers, baths, steam rooms, saunas, or heavy cardio.
- No swimming for 3 weeks.
- Do not soak your face underwater or allow the shower to spray directly on your face for 2 weeks.
- Avoid sun exposure the first 4 weeks by using a physical barrier to block the sun, i.e. a hat, umbrella, your car visor, a hood, etc. Apply sunscreen to the treated area when sun exposure is anticipated after the first 4 weeks.
- Rinse treated area gently with baby wash if contact is made with chlorine, or other chemicals.
- If you are having any skin care procedure done on your face, please inform the technician. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area and can lead to severe hyperpigmentation. Continue at your own discretion.
- Do not schedule a hair appointment, facial, injections, or similar for the first 3 weeks. No massages the first 4 weeks.
What to Expect During the Healing
- No eye-makeup for 6 days.
- Do not wet/wash your eyes for 6 days.
- Apply Aquaphor to the treatment site twice a day/as needed for 6 days.
- Avoid sun exposure for 4 weeks.
- You may ice your eyes as needed avoiding any condensation or moisture on the treatment site.
- You can return to your regular makeup/cleansing routine on day seven.
What to Expect During the Healing
- Wash very gently for up to 2 weeks - do not disturb any scabs that may be forming.
- Apply Aquaphor as needed directly onto each freckle for up to 5 days.
- Do not apply makeup, moisturizer, or any other beauty/skincare products for 2 weeks.
- Do not pick at any scabs or flaking. Allow them to fall off naturally.
- Avoid sun exposure for 4 weeks by wearing a hat to protect the treated areas.
SALINE TATTOO REMOVAL
- Let them breathe! Do not cover the treated area with any kind of occlusive barrier (like cellophane), makeup, or any kind of ointment/cream.
- Blot the treated area with a saline-dampened paper towel three times a day until scabs start to form.
- Do not ice the treated area!
- Avoid getting soaps, shampoos/conditioners or other cleansers on the treated area.
- DO NOT wash the treated area as long as you have any scabs, flakiness, or dead skin that's visible or still coming off. When showering, lather your hair slowly, then cup your hands over your forehead to prevent water from spraying onto your face. Do not put your face into the shower stream. Do not wash your face in the shower. Wash your face in front of a mirror to be sure you are avoiding the treatment area completely.
- Do not pick, scratch, or rub any skin flakes or scabs. Allow them to fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring as well as decreasing the efficacy of the procedure.
- Once all the scabs have fallen off naturally (roughly 7-10 days), apply the Vitamin E Oil 3-4 times a day for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- Avoid any activities or exercising that causes heavy sweating until all the scabs have fallen off. So no hot yoga, hot tubs, long showers, baths, steam rooms, saunas, or heavy cardio.
Click here to see photos of Saline Tattoo Removal cases to make sure you're on track and healing normally.
LASH & BROW TINTING
- Avoid using oils or products that contain oils directly on the treated area. This can cause the color to fade more quickly.
- If you decide to wear makeup on the treated area, the removal of that makeup can cause the color to fade more quickly.
- Treat your skin as if it's been badly sunburned.
- Stay out of the sun! Refrain from sun overexposure for at least a week.
- If you are going to be spending any time outside (even driving to the grocery store and back), PUT ON SUNSCREEN! Sunscreen should be applied 30 minutes before sun exposure and reapplied 15 minutes after going outside.
- Avoid hot water on the treated area for at least a week.
- No harsh exfoliating for 1 week post treatment. Would you use a scrub on a sunburn? No!
- You can permanently damage your newly exposed skin if you do not follow these aftercare instructions. Aftercare is 50% of the procedure!